Thank you for entering the Challenge this year. We look forward to seeing you for the race start at 9am on Sunday 1st September 2019. PLEASE NOTE: THE HILLY BILLY CHALLENGE START TIME IS 8AM
Please read the following notes carefully:
- Your number will be issued on the day from 7:45am onwards (7:15am for Hilly Billy Challenge runners) in the main building so that we have a record of who is actually on the course in the event someone gets lost!
- PLEASE print and bring with you the route instructions and map from the link. The map is for reference purposes but the route instruction is a must as you will DEFINITELY need them. The route is self-navigated and there may not be any markings for assistance.
- REGISTRATION is at Creasey Park Community Football Centre, its location is LU6 1BB, available at this link
- PARKING is available nearby, in the Creasey Park Overflow and in the Council Offices, please follow signs/marshal directions. This is less than 5 minutes walk to the Football Centre. Please do not park in Creasey Park Drive as emergency services need adequate access. All parking is at drivers/owners risk.
- CHANGING and TOILETS are in the Football Centre, secure BAG STORAGE is in the Football Centre. We cannot accept liability for loss or damage to personal belongings.
- THE START and FINISH is on the sports field of the Football Centre.
- THE FIRST mile of all the routes crosses several roads. We will NOT have road closures for these roads, only the Tring Road giving access to the bottom of the Downs. So please be extremely careful when crossing any road and follow directions of marshalls.
- THE ROUTES follow a counter-clockwise southerly direction starting and finishing at the Football Centre. The courses are predominantly off road and can be muddy in places.
- THE 20 MILE, Marathon and Hilly Billy Challenge route passes through a stables between miles 7 & 8, please be extra cautious so as not to spook any horses in the stable yard. Please do not slam the gate in either direction.
- Water stations will be located on the courses and shown on the maps.
- Please do not drop litter, especially our plastic cups. There will be bins available to put the rubbish in. If you miss the bins please carry to next checkpoint or bin. Please keep the countryside clean.
- THE use of headphones, earphones, earpieces other than hearing aids is forbidden.
- THE LAST MILE crosses a busy road, the road originally crossed to reach the start. Please cross with EXTREME CAUTION, marshalls may not be available and cannot stop traffic anyway.
- THE FINISH is on the sports field in front of the Football Centre. If you go back on the course please remove your number to avoid confusion.
- FREE REFRESHMENTS for participants will be available after the event in the clubhouse.